On Friday, 28 May 1999, Johannes Ewalt Koch writes:

> > It works fine over here (pl44, but I dont think pl42 behaves differently):
> >
> >   c/e    ->   E6- 10- no5 no7 no9
> >
> >   \property Score.chordInversion = 1 c/e   ->  C/E
>
> I tried it with 1.1.42 on a Linux PC and it didn't work :-|
> I will try 1.1.44

> > Yes, indeed.  This is correct; what's the problem?
>
> I want them to be single notes, not connected with a beam. In choral music
> there is a difference: single notes when there are two sillables,
> connected notes when there is only one sillable.

That is beyond the capabilities of the auto-beam engraver.  You should
do the beaming manually, for the choral voices; see auto-beam-override.ly:

  \property Voice.beamAuto = "0"

    +
> >         c´ d´ e´ f´
> >      whery you should be using
> >         c' d' e' f'
> >      (ASCII 44, 0x2c)
>
> You are right, but the PC I used prints a ´ when I type '.

Amazing!

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/      | http://www.lilypond.org/