Currently, when two note heads a second apart are on one stem, Lily
always puts the higher pitched one on the right, the lower on the
left.

Unfortunately, for harpsichordists this is backwards - we usually
play the upper notes of close intervals slightly *before* the lower
one, otherwise the lower pitch masks the upper and the sound is
'dead' compared to the 'spice' of upper first. (My son says
guitarists do this too.)

Would it be possible to have a property to reverse the current
placing? Of course, if it can be done within notes, rather than just
in the paper block, it will also be useful for setting dense fugues,
but normally I would use it upper-left by 'default' for Scarlatti.

John