On Monday, 27 September 1999, Matthew Hiller writes:

>       In the past two weeks or so I've finally gotten off my duff and
> code some real coding on it. The README explains how to use its sharply
> limited functionality and the TODO list is quite long at the moment...
>
>       There's a link to it off of http://zoo.cs.yale.edu/~meh25/

Looks ok, for a 0.0.1!

Btw, I also asked Derek at the time: why don't you use Lily's font?
Check out ./buildscripts/mf-to-xpms.sh.  It may be a bit of work,
because you'll have to 'build' a note from notehead, flag and stem.

>       I'm particularly interested in what people think of the data
> structures right now. Not so much the interface yet... I should probably

This is hard to say; it depends on how and what LilyPond features
should/will/might be included.  Of course, you did look at Lilypond
internals document, or hacking.texi as it's called now.

> write out a document describing the interface's ultimate plan and request
> comments on it. <adds it to the TODO> (Though if you skim through the
> README, TODO, and comments in the code you should have an idea why I made
> the interface work the way it does.)
>
> Matt Hiller

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/      | http://www.lilypond.org/