Yup. The procedure below basically worked. There were a few
problems in that the time signature bits of the font didn't get dumped to
xpms; instead I got error messages like:

../buildscripts/mf-to-xpms.sh: out/feta26-timesig-C4/4.xpm: No such file
or directory

        Also, certain pixmaps came through cut off around different edges,
especially for lower font sizes. Certain pixmaps (e.g., the upper
32nd note and 64th note flags) gave me blank pixmaps at any font
size. These are largely things I can fix by hand, though.

Matt