Hi all

I have been experimenting with Lilypond over the past week or so and have a
few questions.
 - using ^"..." it is possible to place performance notes (for example, "DS
   al coda") above a staff.  Is there any way of including feta symbols
   in these strings *as well as* standard text.  For example, "DS al XX"
   where XX is the coda symbol from the feta font.  Doing ^"DS al "\coda
   simply stacks the symbol and string, whereas I want it inline.
 - it would be useful to be able to right align text to the end of a bar
   (or a note for that matter).  For example, "DS al Fine" and "Fine"
   performance notes are conventionally right-aligned with the end of the
   bar they are printed over, but I can't seem to find a way to do this
   currently.  Right aligning against notes can be done using \makebox
   commmands in conjunction with the Staff.textEmptyDimension property;
   perhaps right aligning with the end of a bar could be done by creating
   an "anchor note" which isn't printed nor does it count in the bar timings
   (as "s" spaces do) but which can have text attached to it in the same way
   as standard notes.
 - is there any plans to support drum notation?  Conceptually this should
   not be difficult as support for the different noteheads is already
   present.  Probably the only necessary addition would be inclusion of a
   drum notation "clef" in the feta font which typically consists of two
   thick "bar lines" extending over the middle 3 staff lines, and maybe
   a symbol for the "|//|" symbol seen in the first example below to
   indicate the repetition of the previous N bars.  See
     http://tinny.eis.net.au/~bobpeele/charts.html <Very clear>
     http://www.m-base.com/drums.html
   for examples of drum notation.

Please CC me any replies since I currently do not subscribe to this list.

Thanks for a great piece of software!
  jonathan
--
* Jonathan Woithe    [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        *
*                    http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~jwoithe/home.html  *