Hi all

I have discovered another interesting behaviour with Lilypond 1.2.6.  I have
a single line of music which includes a \repeat section with two
alternative endings.  This produces volta brackets as expected.  However,
if I then add chord names above the staff and the a chord name is associated
with the first beat in an alternative ending, the alternative ending's
number clashes with the chord name.  I have tried numerous things but have
been unable to shift the volta bracket and its number up in order to avoid
the collision.

A partial solution is to surpress volta on the melody line, add a
Repeat_engraver to the ChordNameContext and surpress barlines using
barSize=0.  However, while this prints voltas above the chord names it does
not prevent repeat symbols (":") from being printed among other things.  Is
there any way to do this and avoid the messy collision?

Also related to voltas, is it possible to
 1) specify our own string to be printed inside the bracket (rather than
    the default of "1", "2" etc).  This is useful when you want to put
    "last time" in there.
 2) have the repeat number located further towards the left hand corner of
    the volta bracket.

Please CC me any replies.  Thanks.

Regards
  jonathan
--
* Jonathan Woithe    [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        *
*                    http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~jwoithe/home.html  *