While we're wishing for things, I have a wish to add to that TODO file
under Lyrics.  From what I can see at the moment (without looking at code,
just output), Lily seems to put each syllable of a stanza in a box with the
same syllable from the next stanza, with no overlapping between boxes.  For
example (fixed width font, please -- Windows users paste into Notepad):

Currently:

1.      a      sprite flieth
2.      Sprite is     good

My wish:

1.         a  sprite flieth
2.      Sprite  is    good

        Obviously, this can't be done until Lily also stops left-aligning each
block.  Also, assume I've started and finished in the middle of a line.
        Anyway, maybe someday I'll get around to doing it myself, and if not,
then the idea is at least available, and someone can do it around 2010 :).

        Also, I thought that, if I ever *do* get around to doing some
lyrics things, I'm not 100% sure what the best syntax would be.  Does
anyone see any drawbacks to the following (search the Lily TODO file for
"lyrics" for more details):

1.      Lyric numbering
        - \lyricnum <string>;
                Sets the lyric number at the start of the current stanza.
                First instance applies (other instances may apply to
                \numbereachstave)
        - \numbereachstave <boolean>;
                When set to true, numbers each stave from that point on
                until the end of the stanza, or until set to false
2.      Lyric phrasing
        - \endline
                Ends the line, and moves alignment of text slowly from
                left to right, starting at:
                -       The start of the stanza
                -       The previous \endline
                -       The previous \startline
        - \startline
                Marks the starting point for left-aligning (cf. \endline)

3.      Braces (cf. TODO -- he calls them brackets, but I think he means
        braces)
        \bracepoint
        Marks the point at which a brace should be inserted.  Personally,
        I don't intend to do this ever, but someone else might.

| Name: Tim Nelson          | Because the Creator is,               |
| E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | I am                                  |
Web: http://www.ne.com.au/~wayland/
NB: I have a BSc. (Comp.Sci.) and I need a full-time Job