> We have also decided to remove support for .fly and .sly files. It
> turns out to  be more hassle than it's worth, and nobody seems to be
> using them anyway. Any objections?

I use it quite often when I test different features.
Of course it's not useful for anything you'd want to
print out on paper and share with others, since you
can't set the title.

> * added \property XXXMinimumVerticalExtent, \property XXXExtraVerticalExtent

Thanks! Now we're starting to get something useful.
We should set a good default value in the init files,
for example Staff.StaffMinimumVerticalExtent  = #(cons -3.5 3.5).
One disadvantage is that I find the user interface quite ugly,
both that you have to write LISP code and that you specify the
distance from the midpoint of the staff. I'd actually find it
most intuitive to specify the minimum extra vertical extent
measured from the top/bottom staff line (not relative to the
top/bottom item as you get with XXXExtraVerticalExtent).

For HaraKiriStaffs, I guess you still get some extra vertical
spacing even when the staff isn't printed?

Is it possible to set some ExtraVerticalExtent of a StaffGroup?
Adding an Axis_group_engraver to the StaffGroupContext gives an
assertion failure. This feature cannot be simulated by adding
extra space to the top/bottom staff of the StaffGroup, if that
staff is a HaraKiriStaff (well, maybe now but not if/when the
HaraKiriStaffs are handled correctly).

    /Mats