On Tuesday, 25 April 2000, Laurent Martelli writes:

> fr.po is the result of a translation of mine. But since I'm not sure
> I used the right french terms, Han-Wen choose not to install it, if I
> remember well.

No, it should be installed, just like the others.  But, not all strings
are translated, probably because we frequently change the english text.
It sort of works over here:

GNU LilyPond 1.3.46
[/home/fred/usr/src/lilypond/scm/lily.scm]
Analyse...[/home/fred/usr/src/lilypond/ly/init.ly ... ]
Interpreting music...
avertissement: unbound spanner `Tuplet_spanner'
avertissement: Spanner `Tuplet_spanner' has equal left and right spanpoints
avertissement: unbound spanner `Tuplet_spanner'
[1]elapsed time: 0.07 seconds
Preprocessing elements... [/home/fred/usr/src/lilypond/afm/feta20.afm]
Calcul de la position des colonnes...
[/home/fred/usr/src/lilypond/afm/feta-din10.tfm][2]

>   Olivier> It would be very usefull if we can make macros (like in
>   Olivier> LATEX) for very ofen used sequence (I use a lot the \times
>   Olivier> 2/3 {} ),

You can use \property tupletSpannerDuration to get tuplets, but not type
\times2/3 all the time:

    \score{
            \context Voice \notes\relative c''{
                    \times 2/3{c8 c c} \times 2/3{c8 c c}
                    \times 2/3{c8 c c} \times 2/3{c8 c c}
                    \property Voice.tupletSpannerDuration = #(make-moment 1 4)
                    \times2/3{d8 d d d d d e e e e e e}
                    \property Voice.tupletBracketVisibility = ##f
                    \property Voice.tupletNumberVisibility = ##f
                    \times2/3{f8 f f f f f g g g g g g}
            }
            \paper{
            }
    }

> I am not aware of such a project. However, if you ask questions in
> french, I'll try to answer them.

And we'll do our best too, but my french is a bit poor.

Greetings,

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter