On Friday, 26 May 2000, David Boersma writes:

> mktexpk --version gives:

Ok, thanks.  But (see below) mktexpk doesn't crash, it just can't
find the font.

[..]

> I forgot about the "oldlilypond" directory... but I guess that that should
> not matter. Well, let's try. It looks like half a year ago or so I copied
> all lilypond directories to 'oldlilypond' directories. After removing
> those completely and reinstalling 1.3.52.... ly2dvi works! Apparently it
> is not safe to store saves in some tex directory, even with an 'old'
> prefix (they will still end up in the ls-R file). Hard lesson.

Ah.  Maybe we should add a bit to the faq apropos clean-fonts.

> kpathsea: Running mktexmf  feta-din10
> ! I can't find file `feta-din10'.

Seems pretty clear to me.  What /is/ strange, is that you don't
get errors for `feta20' etc.  This is a strong indication that
there still are feta20 fonts around.  These fonts mess up
your upgrade process.

Try setting:

        export MFINPUTS=/data/downloads/lilypond-1.3.52/mf:
        export
TEXINPUTS=/data/downloads/lilypond-1.3.52/ps:/data/downloads/lilypond-1.3.52/tex:/data/downloads/lilypond-1.3.52/mf/out

and run `input/test/dynamics.ly' through lily.

> I searched for mktexpk sources on the web (CTAN, ntg), in vain. In some
> discussion groups I see more problems of mktexpk with recent TeX versions.
> No solutions posted. Can you give me a hint whether version 1.25 is recent
> enough and if not, where to get the newer version? If yes, what might then
> be the cause of my feta-din10 problem?

REcent enough, I use:

      17:18:21 appel ~/usr/src/python$ mktexpk --version
      mktexpk $Id: mktexpk,v 1.24 1999/02/18 19:55:10 olaf Exp $
      kpathsea version 3.3

> Conclusions:
> - looking for titledefs.tex revealed my 'sin' of keeping save directories
> of lilypond in the texmf tree, which explained my up- and downgrading
> problems.

Ok.

> - the dynamics font still cannot be properly scaled in my setup.

Try again, with proper MF/TEX inputs values.

Good luck,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter