> According to the FAQ, when going directly to PostScript, Lilypond produces
> Type 3 fonts and uses those.  Is there any way to get them and convert
> them to Type 1 (or can I use Type 3 directly?).

I actually think the FAQ is wrong, isn't a .pfa file a Type 1
font? There is a section in the dvips manual on how to
incorporate you own Type 1 font in the postscript output,
but I've never spent the time to do all the steps.

> Also, how do I get rid of the page numbering and the "Lily was here" at
> the bottom of the page?  I've looked *everywhere*, but it's not in the
> documentation.

Did you see the "How do I change the tagline 'Lily was here'?"
question in the FAQ?

For the page numbers (and also for the tagline), you could
edit the file lilypond-plaintex.tex (if you're processing
the Lilypond output with plain TeX). An alternative is
to use ly2dvi -kK and use the generated _ly1.tex LaTeX
wrapper file as a template. This gives a total freedom
on the page layout.

> Finally, are there archives for this list?

Yes, follow the links at the Lilypond WWW page,
http://www.cs.ruu.nl/~hanwen/lilypond/

 /Mats