>Hi
>I don't know if this is of any use to anyone, but:
>I'm about to try typesetting some of my tunes, for which I need some
>more complicated chord/scale symbols (they're jazz tunes).
>So I've edited the american chord name list in chord-names.scm and added
>a load of different scales (i'm using lily 1.3.71).
>I've following the chord names used in (my copy of) the real book, more
>or less.
>I don't know how the code works so I suppose it's not surprising that
>some of these don't work, in particular -
>    - diminished scales seem to get "dim7" and not "o7" like I wanted
>    - I can't get a "minor flat 5" chord symbol to work.
>    - none of the ascending-thirds type of chord work, ie. I can't put
>in <c e g b d'> and get "C9" out.

I had submitted some changes to Jan, but I haven't been able to get the
latest lily for Win32 (1.3.60) to work at all and so I'm not sure if my
changes were incorporated or not...  My changes should have addressed these
chords, and more!

-- Shamus

BTW, Jan, I don't mean to keep harping on this, but whenever there's an
update to the main lily source will there be a corresponding update to the
W32 executables as well?  I haven't had any success whatsoever in getting
Cygnus' tools to work properly at all in compiling lily on a Windows machine
(note to JBR: mounting root as binary doesn't work at all--I have no idea
how you've gotten your system to work at all--maybe a difference between
WinXX & NT?)...  Maybe you could share your method for cross-compiling
(Jan)?