Hi.

Have just started using lilypond. Among the first thing I
did was to typeset a song with icelandic text, and then
stumbled upon the problem with non-ascii latin-1 characters.

Is there a nice way of doing this? I havn't found any help
in the documentation To manually fix the
fontdeclarations in the tex-file afterwards (or using an external
script) is a bit awkward.
Can one change the font for lyrics in the mudelafile or with a
command-line option? And, if thats the case, will lilypond find
the fontinformation it needs?

In my opinion, for getting things to work with ly2dvi and LaTeX,
I'd prefer the standard \rm font to be used (that is, no plain TeX
hardwiring). Then I guess everything will be fine with the nfss2 scheme
in LaTeX. (just in case someone is thinking of changing the tex-file
layout...)

/ Stefan Karlsson

--
Stefan Karlsson