On Saturday, 8 July 2000, "Shamus" writes:

> I had submitted some changes to Jan, but I haven't been able to get the
> latest lily for Win32 (1.3.60) to work at all and so I'm not sure if my
> changes were incorporated or not...  My changes should have addressed these
> chords, and more!

Hope they're in; see scm/chord-names.ly and input/test/american-chords.ly.
If not, I'll hear from you, no?

> -- Shamus
>
> BTW, Jan, I don't mean to keep harping on this, but whenever there's an
> update to the main lily source will there be a corresponding update to the
> W32 executables as well?  I haven't had any success whatsoever in getting
> Cygnus' tools to work properly at all in compiling lily on a Windows machine

Yes, I'll try to stay current, although I won't build binaries for
LilyPond versions that introduce nasty flaws.  You may have a look at

    http://appel.dyndns.org/lilypond/gnu-windows

and get + install guile-1.4 and lilypond-1.3.74.jcn1 (tar or zip).
We'll have a .75 release soon.

I hope some of it works (apart from windows-specifig guile problems);
we had quite some updates lately (eg kpathsea).

> (note to JBR: mounting root as binary doesn't work at all--I have no idea
> how you've gotten your system to work at all--maybe a difference between
> WinXX & NT?)...  Maybe you could share your method for cross-compiling
> (Jan)?

My cross-compilation scripts for  cygwin-1.x have been available from
the start, see:

    http://appel.dyndns.org/lilypond/gnu-windows/cross.tar.gz

Greetings,

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter