> I'm not sure what the problem is--the Dbo7 has double flats because this
> example is typeset in the key of C (try it in Db!).  The C#o7 doesn't have
> double flats for the same reason.  The interval between the C# and the Bb is
> still a major sixth (or dimished 7th if you like).  Admittedly, the notation
> may look a little strange, but it's a lot clearer than the alternatives (and
> you can find examples of this in the classical literature)!
>
> You're right, the chords.cc uses musical_pitch but the chord-names.scm uses
> intervals.  The lesson here is that if you want lily to typeset *exactly*
> what you want, you have to use \chords mode...

Er...ok, so here's my question:  If (in the key of C, say) you type cis:
dim7, then this gets turned into a chord object which represents it as a
certain list of musical_pitches.  If you type des:dim7, then don't you
get a different list?  So how do these two lists of musical_pitches get
mapped to things of the form

in chord-names.scm?  Do they both get mapped to the same thing?

cheers.
gav.