I have done some work on mudela-book, fixing 'singleline'
and 'multiline' and other stuff.
I have also added support for

\mudela[filename="yourfilename"]{c d e f g2 g}

for people that don't like the hash numbers. It does not yet
handle situations where two or more different examples specify
the same filename, but I'll fix that too.

We have the --outname option, but wouldn't it be nice to
have a --output options, like ly2dvi, to put ALL output
into, so you can from Documentation/user do:
  mudela-book --output=out/ inputfile.tely
and then *no* files are created in the current dir.
(hm, just noticed --output is broken for ly2dvi...)

Also, it it idea to have --output to default to out/,
so I don't accidentally fill pwd with crap?

Tom Cato