> Isn't --outdir a less confusing name than --output?
Sorry, I was a little confused when I wrote this. The
--output option is already used to give the name of
the file to feed to latex. Of course is should be --outdir.

> > Also, it it idea to have --output to default to out/,
> > so I don't accidentally fill pwd with crap?
>
> Wasn't this the default in some early version of mudela-book?
> Anyway, I remember several people having problems since they
> couldn't find any output file. I think it's better to follow
> standard UNIX conventions and leave the output files in the
> current directory by default.

Ok, it will be the unix way. But then I'd like to use an
environment variable to set some defaults, so we can do:
export MUDELABOOKOPTIONS="--outdir=out --no-pictures"

One other thing, the --default-mudela-fontsize option,
shouldn't it be named --default-music-fontsize (or
maybe --default-lilypond-fontsize)? Mudela is short for
MUsic DEfinition LAnguare....

I'll post what I have written so far, sometime this evening.
Tom Cato