On Saturday, 26 August 2000, Mark Seaborn writes:

> > > I'm pleased to announce an early (and not terribly useful) version of
> > > something I've been working on for a little while...
> > >

> > >                             Primrose 0.0.1
> > >                            ================
> > >     (or, `Primrose Really Is Music Recognition, Only Somewhat Erratic')
> >
> > Sounds nice.
> > Two questions: what output format are you planning to use?
>
> Mudela, of course. :-)  Although I imagine it will be trivial to add
> other output formats.

Ok, should be trivial for sane formats.

> > Could you post a somewhat less erratic url?  This redirects to room 404.
>
> Hmm, that's peculiar, because I tested it yesterday.  Well, some
> people have told me that Xoom is rather unreliable; maybe it will work
> if you try later.  Failing that, I will probably register the program
> as a Sourceforge project some time.

Ok.  I tried several times yesterday, and today, but only using a web
browser.  However, using wget, I get room 404, but also pimrose!
I've put a copy up:

    http://appel.dyndns.org/mirror/members.xoom.com/mseaborn/omr/

I've tried to run it, but it didn't really succeed yet.  When I installed
scm, apt-get also installed slib, which scm seems to depend on.  When I
 ran

    12:34:12 appel ~/usr/src/primrose-0.0.1$ ./run
~/usr/src/lilypond/input/out-www/paddy.png

I get:

    ERROR: Could not find slib/require.scm in  ("/usr/share/guile/site"
"/usr/share/guile/1.3.4" "/usr/share/guile" ".")

Atfer doing:

    export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/usr/share/slib
    cd /usr/share/slib
    ln -s slib .

I get:

    ERROR: In procedure open-file:
    ERROR: Unknown file or directory: "/usr/share/slib/slib/mklibcat"

After:

    cd /usr/share/slib
    ln -s mklibcat.scm mklibcat

I get:

    ERROR: Permission denied: "/usr/share/slib/slibcat"

Hmm, but there's only a slibcat in /usr/lib/scm.

So, I move /usr/share/slib to /usr/share/slib.deb and make slib symlink to
/usr/lib/scm:

    cd /usr/share
    mv slib slib.deb
    ln -s /usr/lib/scm slib

And, again:

    cd /usr/lib/scm
    ln -s slib .
    ln -s require.scm require

Then I got:

    ERROR: In procedure open-file:
    ERROR: Too many open files: "/usr/share/slib/require"

And, rather confused, gave up...

Geetings,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter