> From: Han-Wen Nienhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 23:18:52 +0200 (CEST)
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> just a quick release of 1.3.84. It has some small bugfixes, and two
> new convertors.

> One for PMX (a Musixtex preprocessor). The gmd archive has a number of
> PMX files. I only tested barsant.pmx (a 2 staff piece, that nicely
> shows off weaknesses in the LilyPond spacing engine).

I didn't see the result, but I know - and told it already in this list -
that PMX's spacing engine is excellent. Hard to beat. Therefore I'm
looking for the reverse converter.

> The other one is for musedata. Musedata
> (http://www.ccarh.org/musedata/) is a large collection of digitized
> music (I believe > 1000 pieces, lots of JSBach). The license that the
> music comes with is annoying (no commercial use), [...]

Do you think GMD-archive's license is less annoying?

Imho for politeness one should ask the editor of a piece whether he allows
to use his edition for other purposes than evident. The evident purpose
of editions on http://www.gmd.de/Misc/Music/scores/ is to print copies
which may not been sold. Any other usage should be discussed with the
editor.

In the same way I could imagine that the Musedata-owners do allow more
if they are asked for permission as they state in their general CR-clause.

-- Werner

Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - the author of PMX