Heath Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As for the cursor being a cross, this is a gtksheet thing, and will
> be obsolete soon, I hope.  In general, though, the
> function gdk_window_set_cursor() from gdkwindow.h should
> work, but I'm not sure if this works for popup windows.  For the
> other two, browse through the source for gtkcombo.c;  for the
> first, you'd need to compute the position and call
> gtk_widget_set_uposition();  for the second, grab the pointer
> with gdk_pointer_grab(), and on a button press check that the
> event window equals the popup window, and pop back down
> if not.  Of course, don't forget to ungrab the pointer :-).

While we're on the subject of gtk details, does anyone here know what
the new(ish) rules are about gtk_widget_unref?  When are you supposed
to call it?  I want to make sure that I'm not creating any memory
leaks, but it's a little difficult to figure out what the proper
semantics are, and I haven't yet found any documentation.

BTW, the gnc:choose-item-from-list function works quite well now.  I
just need to clean up a few things and it'll be ready to go.  I've
also restructured things so that we have an even more general purpose
"query dialog" interface.  You can hand a function the widget tree
that you want put in a dialog with optional ok/yes/no/cancel buttons
at the bottom, and it'll handle the rest.  Any of the items in the
tree, or the buttons can decide that it's time to close the window...

Thanks

--
Rob Browning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930