<snip>

Robert> Obviously, bug fixes and wart removals must also happen before
Robert> a release.

I disagree here.  I would like to have way way more releases, so that
we can have more people working on things.  I don't feel comfortable
having a current cvs tree around just to graft dave P's patches to, so
that I can _begin_ working.

At least more stuff in cvs so I can fell comfortable hacking on what
is there.  Why not a weekly sub-point release, which would only turn
into a main-point release when we felt the stability was there?  e.g.,
1.2.37 would be out now, with 1.2.38 and 1.2.39 every friday.  And you
know what?  sometimes the sub-point releases wouldn't even compile.
that is fine.

As for getting out the bugs and warts before a major release, that is
also counter-productive, for we are limiting our bug finding and
debugging base needlessly.  I agree that 1.3.0 should compile, but
what better reason for 1.3.1 than 'Changelog: "The register should <do
something simple"' ?

rob