*** Regarding Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4 (or should it be 1.3/2.0?); Derek
    Atkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> adds:

Derek> Actually, the one other feature I think many people want (at
Derek> least users who are used to Quicken), is the ability to
Derek> re-parent an account.

I wrote a little perl script called MoveAccount.pl to do this.  You
can download it at

  http://home.att.net/~per.bojsen/files/moveaccount.tar.gz

The script uses two perl modules I wrote.  I think I included all
non-standard modules, but if not let me know.  Also, in the
Accounts.pm module you may have to change the `use lib
"/usr/lib/gnucash";' line if your gnucash.pm is installed in a
different location.

Finally, to be honest, I haven't checked that this still works in
recent versions of GnuCash.  I wrote it some months ago and it worked
with what was then a current Motif version of GnuCash.  Again, let me
know if it doesn't work anymore.

The script is used like this:

  perl MoveAccount.pl -f GCFILE --source ACCOUNT --dest NEWPARENT

where GCFILE is the name of the GnuCash file to operate on, ACCOUNT is
the hierarchical name of the account to be move, and NEWPARENT is the
hierarchical name of the new parent.  Hierarchical account names are
formed in a similar way to full pathnames of files in a file system.
The hierarchy separator is `/' by default but can be changed using the
--separator option.

--
Per Bojsen                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
6132 Lexington Ridge Drive