Rob Browning writes:
 > Christopher Browne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 >
 > > I would think it a *very* good idea to try to arrange for there to
 > > be two or three "trusted lieutenants" that could also submit patches
 > > into the "official tree."  That should *definitely* include Dave;
 > > Rob Browning would probably be the second one "whose patches
 > > virtually always get applied," and probably another one or two
 > > people.  (Adding more people causes some degree of "politicking" to
 > > raise its ugly head...)
 >
 > I think there are plans afoot to move in this direction.  It may take
 > a while, though.
 >
 > > This would provide the ability for changes to get into "official
 > > CVS" on a more rapid basis, and diminish the need for things to be
 > > closely examined by one fixed person.
 >
 > I don't think there's any argument that we need to do this.  I think
 > it's just a matter of Linas getting the time to handle it cleanly.

Linas has said he's taking some time off work, and he should have some
time to spend hacking on gnucash.  It seems that the most important
thing Linas can do is set up this ability to take some of the workload
off himself.

Dave and Rob B. seem to me to be appropriate people for CVS write
access, but beyond those two I haven't been hacking on gnucash for
long enough to express a view on who else should have it.

Robert Merkel                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober,
responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and
immature.
                -- Tom Robbins