Hello list,

First off, congrats on getting gnucash into stable/usable form.  Things
are vastly improved since I started playing with this more than 6 months
ago.

There have been lots of patches flying by, many targeting reports, but
even after hopefully applying them I still seem to get something to the
effect of:

ERROR: In procedure string-length:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: #f
then crash

when trying to get reports.

In the best case,test report seems to work.  And sometimes the
transaction report shows
a blank report (header only) instead of crashing.

Sooo, what I would like to know is:

Can anyone summarize where gnucash is with respect to reports ?

  Most importantly, what will it take to get them working ?

  How can those outside the inner development circle help ?
   Not being a scheme wizard, I'm not even sure where to start when
looking at these beasts !
    I know things are still in development, but is there any
documentation which could explain the function calls, etc ?

   Also, given that these things are going to be in a state of flux for
a while, can the gui/engine be made resiliant to the crash of improper
report code ?

I would dare say that the ability to quickly summarize ones financial
position is much of the point for tracking money in the computer.  This
would be especially useful if done in graphical form(someday)

Glad to help, if somebody can provide some starting pointers...

--

 Matt Martin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

600 West Grove Parkway  #1042