Robert,

  After some investigation, sprintf is choking on the #f passed as the string
argument.
 As it turns out, "string-length" is right in the begining of the sprintf def.

I am going to try to upgrade my slib from what looks like 2b4
    (wish me luck, one can only guess what this will break...)

Though I am curious what #f is supposed to do as the string argument to
sprintf.
        (pass back result maybe ?)

Anyway, I will report back how it works.

 Matt Martin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

600 West Grove Parkway  #1042
Tempe, AZ, 85283