[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> OK, that's the same crash that I see.  Is it possible to catch
> and sort of scheme/guile trap, and handle it rather than just dumping
> core?  Because a core dump requires the lock file to be removed, etc.
> Yuck.

Right.  That needs to be fixed, though we also need to get run-time
checking for the right version of slib (now that we know there's a
problem).

To answer your first question, though, yes, you can trap the errors.
In guile, it generally throws an exception whenever anything goes
wrong, and if you know that #f is never a legitimate return value,
then you can just wrap the call in false-if-exception and check for a
false return value.  If you know what kind of exception you're worried
about, you can use "catch".  guile-ref has some info about all this.

This is definitely something that needs fixing soon.

--
Rob Browning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930