Is it possible to have an entire split be auto-filled?

I thought it would be nice to have my paycheck fully entered, with all
of the various places money goes to, my checking account being but
one.  I was pleased, until it came time to enter the next one, at
which time I realized that this would take a lot of work.  I'd really
like to be able to repeat the transaction, possibly going back and
modifying it slightly (certain deductions vary by a penny).  This
doesn't seem to be possible.

Is it possible in 1.2.5?  If not, is it possible in development
versions?  If so, will there be another release soon?  If new releases
were available, more bug reports would surely arrive...

Developers, thank you for working on gnucash.  I hope it will become
truly good, and I don't think it's that far.  Heck, it may even be
there in CVS, for all I know...

--
Todd Greer      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>