OK, I managed to fix the configure guile parts problem. I apparently also
needed the 1.3.4-2 of guile-devel. I installed that and configure ran fine.

Now, gnucash seems to compile The only error I get is about a questionable
"makeinfo", but I always get that. But after I compile and install gnucash
(today's cvs) I try to run it. I get an error that says I need slib2c6
installed. Slib2c6-1 is installed. So what symlink that pointed to slib got
overwritten when I installed guile 1.3.4-2 and guile-devel-1.3.4-2? I've
tried a number of things to convince gnucash that slib is there, but it's
still not buying it. I tried uninstalling slib and re-installing it, I
tried putting symlinks in a couple of places pointing to slib but nothing
has yet worked.

Slib is installed in /usr/lib/umb-scheme.

Thanks for any help.

--
Randy Powell - ICQ:61280419
        "Reality is just a convenient level of complexity"