> Dave Peticolas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Unfortunately, this problem illustrates the fact that upgrading with
> > guile-1.3.4-2 will not be a panacea. The 1.3.4 rpm does not install
> > the link to slib, while the 1.3 rpm does.
> >
> > I am going to try and remove the dependency on 1.3.4 before we
> > release.
>
> Alternately, is there a way we can just test for the right symlink and
> print appropriate instructions if things are messed up?  This might be
> done in conjunction with guile-config (which if 1.3.4 is installed,
> should be available).

That's a possiblity, but we should keep in mind that many rpm
users aren't going to have experience with creating symlinks
and such. GnuCash has a (deserved) reputation of being a bear
to install and I think we should try as much as possible to
change that. Having a gnucash rpm that installs and runs on
a stock redhat system would be a real plus.

Given that the 1.3.4 dependency results from a single function
call, I think we are better off just working around it for now.

dave