On 27 Feb 2000 17:42:14 CST, the world broke into rejoicing as
Rob Browning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  said:
> Rob Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > would it be wise to talk to the ex-apple guys to see what they have in
> > mind for their "world saving linux interface"?
>
> Maybe, though I'd rather use something fairly straightforward if we
> can, and I can't think of anything more straightforward than this that
> allows us to have the semantics we want as cleanly.

The stuff that the "ex-Apple guys" are working on is on the *user
interface* side; that's the "veneer" a couple levels more visible
than this.

> > good point.  but people shouldn't do a "cp mydata.gnc
> > my-new-data.gnc", they should click on the "clone account" button,
> > right?  ;-)
>
> I think we have to (and I want to) maintain the ability for the user
> to maintain their data using normal shell tools, so we can't be
> guaranteed they'll always use gnucash to move thing around, and even
> if we tried to make that requirement, we couldn't enforce it, and we'd
> have all kinds of headaches when people did it anyway.

Indeed.
--
If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound?
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/lsf.html>