> If you leave the "Auto" button in, the importer will attempt to guess
> the Quicken account name from the file name, but in this case it's
> wrong.  That's why you have the option to override the guess :) Make
> sure the "Auto" button is out, enter the correct account name, then
> click "Load File" again to reload the QIF file with the new
> information.  The file will be "unloaded" and then loaded again and
> the relevant displays rebuilt.

Presumably, I could simplify things by renaimg the files in the shell
before importing them.  I presume you handle filenames with spaces and
other weirdness in them correctly?

> My question for you is: is this reasonable?  I can't think of a way to
> reliably find duplicate transactions without at least requiring that
> transactions be associated with a real Quicken account name, and it
> seems like heuristics to fix this situation would quickly get out of
> control.  However, if you think it's not doing the right thing now,
> let me know and we can discuss what the right thing might be.

I suspect that the fault may lie with either me or the documentation.
Maybe my question should be made a FAQ and your letter the reply?
Or maybe ofter years of reading obvious documentation, I just
fail to notice when something is not the way I expected it.
Somehow I failed to notice the separation between the two mappings:
        file-name onto Quicken account name
        Quicken account name to gnucash account name
Maybe it would help to emphasize these two mapping in the documentation
or in the UI.  It kind of reminds me of the misrouting tables I alwasys
seem to end up with when I try to configure an IP network. :-)

-- hendrik.