According to Paul Fenwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 11:11:29PM +1000, Paul Fenwick wrote:
>
> > Having something which can fetch currency data and update things in
> > GnuCash accordingly sounds like a good idea.  I'll see what I can
> > do about this.  I'm going to find myself in a similar situation
> > if I ever invest in US markets.  (I want to know everything in
> > Australian Dollars.)
>
> It appears that Yahoo have an on-line currency converter, so I'll
> work on adding currency conversion to Finance::Quote.  When I've
> got it working okay I'll post more information to the list about
> adding currency conversion to GnuCash.

I have found another problem with conversion: I do have an account in EURO.
But in the main window, the total is given un FRF (I have set LC_MONETARY to
"fr_FR") but it give the EURO amount. This is annoying sice that make me
loose money :-)

So GnuCash definetly needs a currencies conversion. For EURO, we can hardcode
a fixed table of all "Euro currencies" since they are NOT supposed to
evolve. For the other, we can have a table updated by the user (and
automagically by gnc-prices).

Hub