Richard Wackerbarth writes:
> Actually, I will argue that gnucash should be "internationalized" in a
> form that allows you to add "Hasler-ish" to the list (English, German,
> Russian, etc.

That could be done now, but I'd have to write a .po file and mess around
with my locale.  Much easier to add two lines to splitreg.c.

> I neither understand what or why you want this.

Assume I have this in 'Assets:Accounts Receivable:Boarder A':

                                    debit           credit          balance
    board for April                 $200.00
    paid on account                                 $100.00
                                                                    $100.00

this in 'Assets:Accounts Receivable:Boarder B':

                                    debit           credit          balance
    board for April                 $200.00
    paid on account                                 $150.00
                                                                     $50.00

And this in 'Assets:Cash':

                                    debit           credit          balance
    Boarder A, on account           $100.00
    Boarder B, on account           $150.00
    Lessons receipts                $100.00
                                                                    $350.00

In 'Assets: Accounts Receivable' I expect to see:

                                    debit           credit          balance
    Boarder A                       $100.00
    Boarder B                        $50.00
                                                                    $150.00

And in 'Assets':

                                    debit           credit          balance
    Accounts Receivable             $150.00
    Cash                            $350.00
                                                                    $500.00

Instead I find that 'Assets' and 'Assets:Accounts Receivable' are empty.

> A REPORT should be able to "flatten" a tree of subaccounts and treat them
> as one account.

I don't need that.  I suppose I could write a new front-end in scheme.
First I'd have to learn scheme, though.

-
John Hasler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]