Bryan> On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Rob Walker wrote:
> [...]
Bryan> 1.  better investment reports.  This requires a strategy to
Bryan> deal with things like commissions and dividends.  My opinion is
Bryan> that this should be dealt with via meta-information.  We
Bryan> shouldn't be setting account policy.

Bryan> 2.  better entry of investments.  I'm not asking for a wizard,
Bryan> but it's a pain in the butt to have to switch account windows
Bryan> to enter commissions, etc.

Bryan> 3.  better entry of budgets.  You may have noticed that I've
Bryan> spent more time on the budget output than on the input.  :)

Bryan> 4.  graphing infrastructure, using a similar strategy to my new
Bryan> report infrastructure.  The goal is to make it easier to switch
Bryan> away from gnuplot if so desired, as well as make it easier to
Bryan> add new graphs.

Bryan> Except for #2, I think I would be a good person to handle these
Bryan> jobs.  Unfortunately, my day job and my social life and my
Bryan> sleep consume virtually all of my time.  It'd probably take me
Bryan> a month to do any one of the three.  Any opinions on what I
Bryan> should work on?

>> 3, 2, 4, 1.

Bryan> That's why I asked.  This is almost the reverse order of my
Bryan> priority.  Did you put #1 last because somebody is working on
Bryan> it?  Did you put #3 first because you'll use the budget if I
Bryan> add it?

I put 3 first because I am having a bear of a time figuring out how to
put our budgets into gnucash.  Yes, I will use it if you build it.  I
will also try to help debug it and ask lots of questions while you
build it.

I put 1 last because I thought it was more like 4, and if you do 4, 1
will go away.

rob