On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 12:50:09AM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> I was talking to someone about on-line banking & gnucash.  I hadn't
> thought about ti much, but a large part of on-line banking is
> reconciling statements against what the bank has.  Now, many 'online
> banks' use QIF export as a way of sending statements to users.  Sooo
> (sound of lightbulb turning on) isn't the right way to import QIF files
> is to run them through a reconcile-like dialogue?
>
> Anyone out there using gnucash and also looking at thier bank-staements
> on-line?  What do y'all think?

That's exactly what I am currently doing manually, once a week.  My
Credit Union can provide transaction records in QIF format, but there
doesn't seem to be a good way to use them with GnuCash.  One of the
things I like about this combination of services is the amount of work
it saves; errors are caught early, and there is no need to laboriously
drag through a month or more of transactions to unsnarl mistakes.

--
Randolph Fritz
Eugene, Oregon, USA