I can take a stab at it - I'm interested in picking up more Gtk+.  Does it
make more sense for each option to provide access functions that other options
can use to enable/disable it, or perhaps just have those other options
disable the affected option "by name" ("Section" + "Option name", etc.)?
Access functions would be better encapsulation, but on the other hand it
would be a lot of overhead to provide that ability for every prefs option that
exists, since enabling/disabling won't be needed for 95% of the prefs.  I'm
thinking of something like:

gnc_set_option_selectable( "General",
                                        "Auto Decimal Point Range",
                                        GNC_F );

in the spirit of gnc_lookup_boolean_option.  What really gets changed is the
"sensitive" property of the widget that is connected to "Automatic Decimal
Point".

     Kevin