On 07/01/2014 18:16, Derek Atkins wrote:
Gary Bilkus <m...@gary.bilkus.com> writes:

UPDATE......The problem with the modules appears to be a slight
red-herring to do with having 2.6 around.If I build what seems to be
2.5.something based on the git repository from geert, with all the
changes I've mentioned, I can now get gnucash to compile and run ( at
least as far as letting me see an account list - i haven't tested
further ).However, if I try to build 2.6 from the distributed source,
I get the module location problems above and it bombs out.
It does not surprise me at all that you cannot build on Windows from the
tarball.  What if you use the 2.6 (trunk) git branch?

For some reason, the 2.5 version seems to take ages ( almost a minute
) to load the qif guile module.
I shall run some tests to confirm the program is really working and
let people know.

It would obviously be useful to capture what I've learned in a more
structured way than having people read the entire thread. Should I
update the wiki article on building from Windows? Can I safely point
that article to geerts repository at least for the time being?
Please do.

Gary
-derek
Actually, by starting again from scratch and being really careful, I have managed to build 2.6.0 as distributed and got it working. I will write up exactly what I did on the wiki and notify the group when I've finished. Hopefully, the various changes to the contents of packaging/win32 which are needed to make build.sh work with the current versions of the third-party software can be incorporated into the source.

Thanks to everyone, and Geert in particular, for the help I needed.
Gary