On 16/01/2014 11:43, Geert Janssens wrote:
On Thursday 16 January 2014 11:10:30 Geert Janssens wrote:
Gary,

Thanks for all your updates. Today I found some time to check which of
your fixes I should still add to my windows branch, but got lost in
your patch. It looks like you are generating a patch to be applied to
the current trunk branch, including all the separate commits from my
branch. Unfortunately that makes it hard if not impossible to see
only the changes needed on my branch.

It's not the intention to apply such a large patch one day to current
trunk. Instead my branch will be merged in eventually (likely after
the 2.6 branch is generated and certainly not before the dist part
and build server scripts are also fixed).

So can you extract only the changes that still need to be applied to
my branch please ? Ideally split up in small patches per topic (fix
-no-undefined, fix guile's str_ncase_comp, ...). That way we generate
clean and readable history in the repository.
You may want to set up your own clone of the git repository [1] as git
can be very helpful in generating such patches.

Thanks,

Geert

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git#Non-Committers
Also note that I have rebased the mingw-rebasing branch again in my repository
to pick up
the most recent version of aqbanking and gwenview. I haven't had the
opportunity yet to
check if these versions build in the new mingw environment.

Geert
So just to make sure I understand exactly what you need.

1. I should get the gnucash.git repository from git://github.com:gjanssens/gnucash.git 2. I should git branch -t mingw origin/mingw-rebasing and check out that branch 3. I should appy my patches to that branch - ignoring any which are already there 4. I should run git diff to get a series of patches against the branch in the repository 5. I should split the resulting diff into different files relating to the different fixes
6. I should post the result somewhere and tell you where it is

Gary