On 18/01/2014 09:53, Geert Janssens wrote:

On Friday 17 January 2014 07:30:00 John Ralls wrote:

> > OK Geert,

> > I think I have what you want at

> > http://www.greenwheel.com/publicFiles/rebase-patches.zip Let me

> > know if this works for you.

> > Not being a git expert, it's possible I've not quite done the right

> > thing, but I think this should be OK.

> As another option, perhaps the most "git-ish" (sorry) of all, would be

> for Gary to get a (free) Github account, fork Geert's repo, make his

> branch, push that back to *his* repo, and then from Github send Geert

> a pull request.

> I know I've argued against allowing this in the past, but I'm coming

> around to the idea that we need to make it easier for folks to offer

> patches.

Heh, I didn't want to propose this exactly because of your opposition in the past. But I have been thinking of leveraging github's pull requests as well.

I see for example that swig is using this approach rather succesfully. I can imagine that a project the size of a linux kernel needs some stricter rules to keep organized. But GnuCash is pretty small in comparison. Reminds me we still have to discuss our future branching strategy, but that's for another thread.

Back to the patches at hand:

Gary, I tried to download the zip file you made available, but I get a permission error on that website. Can you check that ?

Geert

Sorry Geert, forgot to add read perms to the file. Should be OK now.
Gary