So, I first uninstalled everything and restarted the computer.
Now "sudo find / -name libgnc*.so" only finds these directories:
 /var/lib/flatpak/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/ => not in use
 ~/github/gnucash/build/lib/ => for development
 ~/Programme/gnucash-4.7/build/lib/ => productiv
 ~/Programme/gnucash-4.9/build/lib/
In my opinion, this is not critical.

/usr/lib and /usr/local/lib do not contain libgnc*.so.

/etc/ld.so.conf.d contains this:
 fakeroot-x86_64-linux-gnu.conf
 i386-linux-gnu.conf
 libc.conf => /usr/local/lib
 x86_64-linux-gnu.conf
 zz_i386-biarch-compat.conf
and these directories do not contain libgnc*.so either.

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not contain any entries. Should I specify
something here and, if so, what?

I fear something is broken with dconf, however I have no idea what and
how to fix something in dconf.

I'm afraid I'll have to do a system update to get a newer GnuCash
version working.

Regards,
Christian

Am Mittwoch, dem 29.12.2021 um 12:53 -0800 schrieb John Ralls:
> From yesterday's errors

* 16:29:33  INFO <gnc.gui            > [gnc_load_app_icons] Path 20:
/opt/gnucash/share/gnucash/icons

Suggests that you might also have installed into /opt/gnucash at some
point, so look there. You should also check /usr/lib just in case you
installed the distro build at some point, and take a look at
/etc/ld.so.conf and `echo $LD_PIBRARY_PATH` for other possible
locations.

You can always do `find / -name libgnc*.so`, though that will take a
while. If you have `locate` installed and you've generated the
indexes `locate libgnc*.so` will be considerably faster, but since it
has to index the hard disk it will take longer than find would if
it's not installed and indexed already.

Regards,
John Ralls

On Dec 29, 2021, at 12:18 PM, Christian Wehling <