Hi,

I'm trying to run some reports with ledger but have hit the wall at the very
beginning. The return-of-capital transactions are reported as invalid.
I'm following the instructions for recording this type of transaction and
the $ amount goes from IPE account to Cash. Unfortunately, ledger does not
accept the total cost to be negative so the record is exported like this:

2018/04/09 return of capital
        Assets:Investments:Broker:Cash
79.61 AUD
        Trading:ASX:IPE                                   0.0000 IPE @@ 79.61
AUD
        Assets:Investments:Broker:Shares:IPE     0.0000 IPE @@ 79.61 AUD
        Trading:CURRENCY:AUD
-79.61 AUD

Ref: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ledger-cli/Y9jwyiBi97E

Obviously, this does not balance.
There is also another issue, which is a real question for this group:

In Trading:ASX:IPE there are now transactions for shares (IPE), when
purchased/sold, as well as for return of capital in AU$. This is kinda
confusing. The AU$ amounts don't affect the balance but is it really meant
to be done this way?