cicko,

I confess, while I use trading accounts (for PMs) I don’t track stocks, so
maybe I can’t be of help, but what are you expecting the balancing transaction
below to be?

I see three splits which appear balanced, one to cash for $500 (presumably
debit because it is listed as a positive and this is a return of capital), one
to IPE for $500 (credit/debit? presumably debit since it is positive to an
asset), another to IPE for $1000 (again, debit/credit? presumably credit since
it is negative to an asset)

Where does the other split belong and for how much? Could you not enter all the
splits yourself instead of letting GnuCash guess?

If I’m way off base, please excuse the noise.