Hi All,
  I've been using GnuCash for several years now, tolerating the bugs and
idiosyncrasies on the hope that it would improve with time. That hope has been
borne out to some degree, but I'm still waiting on many issues. It's been a
while since I bothered to install a new version, so I am again hopeful when I
finally start using 3.6.

  However, I have begun testing and found that at least one of my most-desired
fixes is not in place. Years ago, I wrote about my inability to make GnuCash
start the week on Monday instead of Sunday. Other people reported not problems
in this regard, but we were not able to find any setting that would make it
work on my computer (macOS 10.10 at the time, soon to be 10.14). My system
region is set to United States and the system's first day of the week is set to
Monday. However, when I open GnuCash (opening an existing .gnucash file or
creating a new file), I always get Sunday as the first day of the week.

  Since I am testing (on macOS 10.11 for now), I tried opening an existing file
and creating a new file with the system region set to France (which
automatically gives Monday as the first day of the week). I even tried choosing
French Franc as the currency when setting up a new set of books. No luck. I
still get Sunday as the first day of the week. How do I get GnuCash to use
Monday as the first day of the week?

  For what it's worth, I was also disappointed to see that GnuCash 3.6 still
suffers from the focus problems I have been suffering through in 2.6. I will be
very happy when the backend is fully rebuilt and these bugs can get the
attention they deserve.

Best,
John