Hi Michael,
  Thank you for chiming in. This is very good news. Perhaps I just need to move
further up the OS ladder. I'm currently working with a 2008 MacBook Pro that
cannot run anything beyond El Capitan. However, I do also plan to move my 2014
MacBook Pro to Mojave. If it works correctly for you in High Sierra, it should
work correctly for me in Mojave (assuming that GnuCash runs in general on
Mojave). I will report my results when I get around to running that test.

Best,
John