Samantha,

Regardless of the shell you must enclose paths with spaces in quotes, e.g.
  cd "c:\Program Files (86)\gnucash\bin"
You can use ' instead of " if you like. You can also start typing and use tab
completion, for example type
  cd c:\prog<TAB>
and the shell will change it to
  cd 'C:\Program Files\'
You can then backspace out the \', type a space and <TAB> again and it will
fill in the (x86)\' for you.

Regards,
John Ralls