I'm not arguing anything. I'm simply passing along what I've seen the devs talk about in prior threads.

Of course, if they have time out of their day coding GnuCash to chime in, I'm sure they can enlighten you more on the issues they have to consider in the code, and why that decision was made. As far as I'm aware, they aren't specifically 'anti-crypto'.

Perhaps if one of them (or an experienced user) has the time, they can put something in the FAQ on the subject. (it is a fairly frequent topic here on the list.)

Of course, if you took the time to search the list archives, you'll find those discussions and explanations.