On 9/11/22 1:16 PM, Glenn Fowler wrote:
I found this will change the input text color:

gnc-id-cursor entry {
   color: green;
}

...and it works but it gets overridden whenever you change
*.gnc-class-register-cursor color but not sure why.

Not sure either, maybe reverse them in the file? (this is Cascading Style Sheets after all) It could also be a specificity problem.

I have a rule for:

cursor entry {}

that might work if you target it with a color rule.

But without playing around with it, I'm not sure why I have it. (sadly, I did not document it)

GnuCash also has some defined color variables you can use. I have definitions for:

@define-color register_secondary_bg_color #d9d9d9;
@define-color register_cursor_bg_color #fefefe;

I don't know if there is a 'register_cursor_fg_color' or just 'register_cursor_color' but one of those might be worth a shot.

As for the header I'm not sure how you would completely remove that. I'm
assuming that would be in the code and not just CSS.

You probably can't (I didn't try) but I'll hazard something like:

register-header {
 display: none;
}

is the first thing to try.

Of course, I'd fire up the Inspector and play with changes live to see what works, and then copy/paste those rules into my CSS file.