On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 08:18:02AM -0800, Stan Brown wrote:

> On 2022-11-15 00:28, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> > Note that both the A:AR:ToBeReimbursed and A:AR:Other accounts are of
> > type "Bank", not of type A/R, since I'm not using the business
> > features with those accounts.
>
> Out of curiosity -- My AR accounts are just of type Asset. What was your
> reason for choosing Bank type? I wonder if I missed something.

I haven't deeply verified this, but my understanding is that gnucash
treats all of "Asset" "Bank" and "Cash" exactly the same with no
difference whatsoever.

So in my mind I somehow assign "Asset" to something that isn't exactly
liquid (like, real estate or other physical assets that should tracked
on a balance sheet), and "Bank" for everything that translates directly
to "actual money".

So I don't think you missed anything and also it doesn't really matter.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :