I suppose a way to handle the "Income but not really income" would be ao
follows (see what people think about this):

CR - Assets: IRA $1000
DB - Income: IRA Distribution $1000
CR - Income: IRA Distribution $1000
DB - Assets: Checking $1000

This way, the income change is zero, but I can still track the "Income" for
tax purposes by looking at the debits for the year.

What do ye readers think of that?

Richard