Thanks: That changes the column names when I attempt to enter information by the looks, but I am going in circles here: Stuck in MYOB mode I suspect.

I'm going to need my hand held I think.

My income tree looks like this

Income--->Dividends--->Specific Company Name Dividends----->Franked Dividend (ie 30% tax paid)

------>Input credit (ie. the 30% tax paid above)

So I'm having trouble even just entering that :( What complicates it is that it is reinvested, so I don't receive a cash payment as such.

That said, years ago I seem to have had my head wrapped around at least the dividend payment, looking at some old transactions, what I see is a split transaction that looks like this: (for example)

            Acme Dividend                    $127.31 (Tot income)
            Franked income (Assets:current assets: Bank CD: Smart Access) $89.12 (charge)             Input Credit (expenses: Taxes: Franking Credits) $38.19 (charge)             Acme Dividend (Income: Dividend Income: Acme Dividend Income) $127.31 (income)

Does that appear correct?

I've spent weeks trying things, and I am wild with myself that I just can't drop back into it.

TIA